Аppeared as centers of educational and enlightening features and amateur art during the Bulgarian National Revival, today the community centers continue to support library activities, to participate in the organization of holidays, celebrations and festivals, and to organize groups and amateur groups. Through the activities of these cultural centers the traditions and customs are kept alive. The Municipality of Samokov has 25 operating centers.
1. Community Center “Svetlina 65″ – Samokov
2. Community Center “Mladost 2003″ – Samokov
3. Community Center “Otets Paisiy 1859″ – Samokov
4. Community Center “Lyuboslovie” – Samokov
5. Community Center “Svetlina 1940″ – village Popovyane
6. Community Center “Svetlina 1909″ – village of Belchin
7. Community Center “Selska probuda 1904″ – village of Kovachevtsi
8. Community Center “Vasil Levski 1940″ – village of Madjare
9. Community Center “Vasil Levski 1951″ – village of Novo Selo
10. Community Center “Vasil Levski 1937″ – village of Alino
11. Community Center “Probuda 1920″ – village Klissoura
12. Community center “Stoyne Angelov 1932″ – village of Beli Iskar
13. Community Center “Probuda” – the village Zlokuchane
14. Community Center “Hristo Botev 1928″ – village of Govedarci
15. Community Center “Nadezhda 1927″ – village of Relyovo
16. Community Center “Svoboda 1940″ – village of Mala Church
17. Community Center “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” – village of Yarlovo
18. Community Center “Otets Paisiy 1910″ –village Dospey
19. Community Center “Videlina 1932″ – village of Shiroki Dol
20. Community Center “Iskra 1925″ – village of Gorni Okol
21. Community Center “Prosveta 1939″ – village of Maritsa
22. Community Center “Hristo Botev 1926″ – village Rayovo
23. Community Center “Hristo Botev 1903″ – village of Raduil
24. Community Center “Michail Dashin ‘- village of Dragushinovo
25. Community Center “Prosveta” – village of Shipochane
Community Center monument “Otets Paissiy”
Community Center monument “Otets Paissiy” is a cultural monument. This is the only community center – war monument in the country, built in gratitude to Samokov heroes who died for the freedom of Bulgaria. On its walls are the names of our ancestors who gave their lives in various wars and battles.
In 1912 laid a foundation stone of the building. In the postwar years, brings the idea to erect a monument to the fallen soldiers and officers from Samokov region during the wars. The funds are provided by the Municipal Council, Samokov garrison, banks and hundreds of individuals.
The project of the building of the community center is arch. Kosta Nikolov. The building of the Community Center-Monument “Otets Paissiy” is unique. Her style is defined as the German classicism. Community Center-Monument Otets Paissiy “is built on an area of 1,027 square meters”.
On the front facade in center is a dedication: “To the fallen heroes by grateful posterity, 1912-13, 1915-18″. On 40 plates of natural white Carrara / Italian / marble are carved and filled with lead 1019 names of dead officers, sergeants, corporals and soldiers from the town and villages in the district. The making of marble slabs and their installation is a work of sculptor Nicola Nozharov, performed together with the sculptor Andrea Lycurgus, a representative of the Italian school.
And today the community center works towards the preservation and development of cultural traditions of Samokov. Annually it organizes 90-95 events. At the community center there are 11 creative collectives with 185 members, 45 of them are children, 42 adolescents, 98 – adults.
In the children’s art school, dance, piano, accordion, drawing, the instructors professionally, methodically and lovingly teach teenagers to make them worthy successors of the cultural traditions of Samokov.
Chorus of “Rila song”, vocal instrumental group “Moonlight” and vocal group “Samokov” have appearances in festivals resulted with certificates, trophies and medals.
Youth theater group with their performances, repeatedly fills to capacity theater hall and participate in theater festivals and visits to the country.
Representatives of the literary club have regular publications in both local and national press,they were issued also several books on poetry and prose.
From autumn 2012 the community center were joined by two strong teams:
- Theatre group “Melpomene” by director Lyubomir Malinov
- Majorettes “Samokov” with artistic director T. Iankova
Groups and schools to the Community center work on the historical and cultural calendar for each year and note any holiday, anniversary and event by organized concerts, exhibitions, readings, theater and dance performances, children’s carnival, contests and restoring rituals.
Numerous theatrical productions at the National Theatre, the State Theatre in Lovech, Blagoevgrad, theater group “Sparkles and seasons,” Army Theatre and others present their performances at The Community center.
A new beginning with the intention of becoming a tradition is the organizing of:
- First national festival of the old town song “Samokov 2012.”
- National Festival of Amateur Theatre “Theatre Without Borders.”
- Painting and sculpture
- Youth Center
- Community Centres