Community Centre – Monument „Otets Paisiy”is the oldest cultural institution in Samokov. The earliest evidence about a reading room in the school library dates back to the XVIIth century and the stamp of the community centre is from 1859. In 1870 it was named „St.St. Cyril and Methodius and their Five Disciples” but it did not have its own building and organized its actvities on the premises of Mitropolitska church. In 1912 it was given the name „Otets Paisiy”. Architect Kosta Nikolov designed the community centre as a theater house with memorial plaques. The construction began in 1919. The memorial plaques were the work of architect Nikola Nozharov and architect Ligurno Andreani. The bas-relief is dedicated to important battles in which the units of Samokov garrison participated and it was created by the prominent Bulgarian sculptors Ivan Lazarov (Kalimanitsa-1913 and Krivolak-1915), Nikola Dimitrov (Bulair-1913) and Alexander Andreev (Elevation 1050- 1917).
The cultural community centre was consecrated on 23rd December 1923
Used text and photos of „Samokov Guide“-Authors: Nina Hristovskа, Nevena Mitreva, Desislava Kanazirova, Lyubomir Nikolov.